Friday, January 1, 2010

About in next st work[p1,k1] 3 times

What is "in next st work[p1,k1] 3 times?
I have been stuck on this forever. I know it is easy to do but for some reason its not working for me. What actually does the pattern want me to do. I know I need to add 30 more sts to my pattern but I am always 10 short. Please help me. K10, P6, in next st work[P1,K1] 3 times
Hobbies & Crafts - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know about adding 30 stitches, but "in next st work [P1,K1] 3 times" is the same as saying, "in next st work [P1,K1,P1,K1,P1,K1]. In other words, all 6 new stitches are worked in a single existing stitch. But this is only going to give you an increase of 5 stitches (going from 1 to 6), not 30. Good luck!
2 :
It means you work the instructions in the brackets 3 times in the same stitch. Here is how. With the yarn at the front purl the first stitch but do not slip the stitch off the LH needle. Take the yarn under the RH needle and knit into the same stitch but again do not slip the stitch off the needle. Bring the yarn under the RH needle to the front. You have now worked p1,k1 into the same stitch. Repeat into the same stitch 2 more times. After the last k1 slip the stitch off the LH needle. You now have 6 stitches made out of 1 stitch.i.e. an extra 5 stitches. To get an extra 30 stitches I presume this instruction occurs 6 times in the row.